The Ambrogio apartment is made up of a well equipped kitchen and a bedroom area and living area (2 beds that can be joined together), a large new bathroom and a separate wardrobe area. Sofa bed. It's located on the second floor, has pleasant views, and it's south facing.
The apartment is situated in Via di Mezzo a characteristic street in the Santa Croce Area (Historic Florence), only 10 minutes walk from Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo and all the main sights. Internet available with key at cost.
Please click here for location on Google Map (Please note
that the position on the street is approximate).
One week: 500 euros all inclusive*
Month (long term): 1000 euros plus utilities*.
Please note that
prices varies according to time of the year and lenght of stay.
Discounts are almost always available so please get in touch
with your arrival and departure date for a quote.
Please click here for more information on cost of utilities
35 Euros extra charge for arrivals -|
a. after 20.00 hours weekday;
b. after 13.00 on Suturdays;
c. all day Sunday and International holidays (such as 25th December...).
No arrival later than 23.00 hours.
Shannon and Chaz Solomon - September 2011
Letter sent by the client to the owner of the apartmet:
First let me say that Florence was an incredible experience beyond our expectations from the food to the people both social and shop owner alike, all were incredibly generous, helpful, friendly and kind. My memories of Florence being my favorite city on the planet were solidly reinforced after our 3.5 months there and look forward to our next sojourn to the city by the river!
I would also like to thank you for your rapid response to our needs with regard to the heating/hot water issue as well as our embarrassing episode where we locked ourselves out and for that we are very appreciative and grateful!
I do however, feel there are some things that need to be mentioned regading the overall experience as you said so you can contemplate them and possibly change some things if you see fit.
1. The pics you placed on Martino's website do not accurately depict your apaprtment on Via De Mezzo, particularly the one showing the "Gated" parking lot across the street. That was very deceiving and we based a lot of our decision to rent it due to having a "quick" place in the early morning and possibly late at night to walk our boys for their business. Getting there and finding that we had no access to that area was quite frustrating.
2. The Air Conditioner "NEVER" really worked ..PERIOD! Thank goodness it was only hot enough for it for a couple of weeks or it would have been a real problem!
3. The kitchen faucet was not very functional. It was either on full or it was on very slow...you could not just move it with ease and I am sure that lack of full function probably cost us a lot of additional charges for water.
4. The "window screens" need to either be made into permanent shutter type applications or be removed...to have them taped to the widow frames really did nothing to keep out bugs!
5. The lack of a "true" picture of the living area with the sofa-bed was very mis-leading as well. In combination with the picture of the kitchen area to look as if it was large enough to fit 4 people and still move about was also very, very mis-leading!
6. The sofa bed was the most uncomfortable bed in additon to being the most inconvenient and most uncomfortable sofa I have ever sat on. It made it nearly impossible to relax anywhere in the house except for sitting at the kitchen table and laying in bed. Any and all of the covers that were provided inclusive of the blue one specific for the sofa was at best extemely annoying constantly needing to be moved and propped up if only to make it possible to sit on the couch.
7. With all that space in the bathroom you should certainly add a dryer with what you're charging for rent that should really be included.
8. The rental payment you are charging for that space is quite frankly way over-priced. After arriving there and having our new acquaintences/friends say after coming to our place that we were paying "WAY TOO MUCH" for what we got was a bit distressing. I do not fault you for that. We made the decision to lease your apartment and we lived with it once we got there but to be honest it was about 25-30% higher than other comparable units in Florence and many with better locations. As I said this is just food for thought!
In conclusion, I hope you take the above mentioned issues in the spirit they were meant. With all due respect when we return to Florence and we most certainly will, we will not be looking to lease the Via De Mezzo apartment again! I will be forwarding this to Martino although I know it will never make on his website I really believe he needs to know our opinion of one of the owners apartments he represents. You and I just really never connected personally. I think the early issue regarding making us feel like you were doing us a favor saying it was OK for us to have 2 dogs when we really stated we only had one sort of set the tone for me. As you remember I immediately fired off the e-Mail that we sent to Martino the very next day following initial contact to clarify that position. You were not doing us any favors; it was what was agreed upon and "FULLY PAID FOR UPFRONT ON ARRIVAL"! Again, this is just for future reference, we made sure we came to the table in a professional way and hope these observations accomplish what what they were intended to do!
Shannon and Chaz Solomon
Ellen Grant - June 2011
I am writing to share my remarks about the apartment Ambrogio:
I highly recommend this apartment in the beautiful neighborhood of Santa Croce, Florence. The apartment is well appointed and perfectly located: close to a lovely farmers' market, small shops, well regarded restaurants and even a small piazza in front of Sant'Ambrogio church where you can sit and watch the people in the neighborhood come and go. Living in Santa Croce allows you to get away from the hectic, sometimes tourist-clogged center of Florence, while at the same time you are only blocks away from the architecture and museums that surely drew you to this beautiful city. To engage with the kind and helpful shopkeepers and merchants, along with the proud residents of this Florentine neighborhood is a gift that cannot be measured in Euros. Santa Croce is an enchanting quarter of Florence that should not be missed. Living on Via di Mezzo is a perfect vantage point to experience the magic of this memorable city.
Perry - October 2009
We stayed in the Ambrogio apartment for a month in our favourite city
Florence and it proved to be a most enjoyable stay. Inflorence staff were
only a phone call away should you require their assistance,but its fair to
say that everything went pretty smoothly. San Ambrogio is situated in an
excellent position only 10 minutes walk from all the main city sights.
There is an excellent food market just minutes away and also good
restaurants close by catering for all pockets, as well as some great bars
and even a jazz club.
We were very pleased with the apartment, finding it comfortable and suiting
our purpose for the period we stayed.
Paul Singleton - June 2008
I enjoyed my stay. I will leave the two sets of keys on your kitchen table tomorrow. I will be sure to recommend your place to any of my friends that will visit Florence.
Karen - 0
Hi Martino, hope that you had a nice Christmas and New Year. Just wanted to say thanks for letting us stay in your apartment, we had such a good time. I really loved the area that your apartment is in, it's near to everything, isn't it. I never got to try the trattoria that you recommended unfortunately...Had lots of lovely meals though. Martin did a little drawing for you and Alessandro to say thanks which we left in the apartment. Hope that everthing was okay when we left. Say thanks again to Alessandro, who was really kind when we arrived even though the flight was delayed and he was left waiting for a few hours. Well now I'm back at work and dreaming of Florence. I've told people how much i enjoyed staying in your apartment, so some friends may be in touch in the future if that's okay. Well 'Happy New Year' and thanks again. Karen.
Emma Palmer - 0
A short note to thank you for letting us your apartment in Florence. We had a marvellous week, and really loved living in the apartment! Many thanks, Emma Palmer, Bristol (UK). PS Do you have flats in other cities?
Michelle and Richard - 0
Hello Martino! I hope your trip to England was good. Were you there for the BIG storm? That storm delayed our flight home. We have been home 3 days. Our visit to Florence was my favorite part of the trip. We were
happy with your apartment. Were we the first people to stay there? We left a few things for the next people to use. I hope that was ok. Maybe on our next trip we will stay with you again. Do you own flats in other
towns? Let us know if .......... Best wishes to you and your wife. Thanks again, Michelle and Richard
View Larger Map
|Average cost of utilities for long term rentals (if applicable): |
|Monthly in winter: 100 euros |
|Monthly in summer: 50 euros |
there is nothing else to pay. Everything is included in the
price we will quote you in our correspondence;
PLUS UTILITIES PRICE: the water, gas
and electricy must be paid according with consumption (at cost).
Also the final cleaning of the apartment might have to be paid
separately for some apartments. In any event, what is has to
be paid separately will be clearly quoted to you in our Deposit